Public Safety Features
First on scene, omni view officer presence, flight prevention, pursuit elimination, quick response, area security & overview
Search & Rescue
Law enforcement and fire safety departments can benefit from the capability of aerial and wide-spread surveillance and assessment options-both day and night, and non-disconnect pursuit or discovery services. With the large amount of water, woodland and traditionally inaccessible areas throughout this part of the state, SAR services can be provided at a moments notice through locally dispatched services and dedicated aerial resources. Unlike fixed-wing services, helicopters can provide the slow and low altitude surveillance and observation capability, and hovering and offsite landing options, particularly critical in densely wooded areas, shorelines, urban environments, and across large-scale scene and containment areas.
Comparable services can be provided at a fraction of the cost of larger turbine engine helicopters and with dedicated mission resources for tasks such as warrant service, ATL, lost children, walk-aways, water rescue assistance, aerial scene management, and surveillance and enforcement throughout large service areas or across jurisdictional lines.
Night Illumination - NOC
Primary ship is equipped with a Spectralab SX-5 20-million candlepower search/spot light, controlled by a tactical flight officer (TFO). Rapid training and orientation can be provided. [FLIR equipment can be provided with long-term contract commitments and turn-key equipment operation.
Pursuit and Discovery
Non-disconnect pursuit, drug/criminal activity awareness.
Aerial Scene Assessment
Wide view, complete picture assessment and review, pre-mission assessment of drug and gang intervention response.
Tactical Incident Command
Wide area tactical incident command and management within and across multiple jurisdictional boundaries can assist supervisory personnel to make wide view and immediate, well-informed tactical decisions including the need for additional resources, containment status and aid as well as traffic and incident flow.
Firefighting services tool for complete scene management and decision making platform. Identification of existing damage and areas of concern including scene containment and management and long-view perspective and prevention activities.
Pre/Post Scene Documentation
Aerial documentation assistance of tactical scenes for planning, evaluation, review and evaluation purposes.
Patrol Crime Deterrent
A highly visible tool for active and highly visible crime prevention. Simple presence can often “stop criminals in their tracks.”
- Electronic News Gathering (ENG)
- Public Safety and Service/SAR
- Aerial Photography
- Aerial Surveying
- Infrastructure/Power Line Assessment
- Aerial Surveillance
- Event Supervision
- Developer Assessment/Evaluation
- Real Estate Assessment/Evaluation
- Community Awareness/Overview
- Sightseeing Tours
- Corporate Events/Rewards
- Weddings, Vacations, Tours
- Personal Adventure & Discovery
- Event Air Rides/Festivals/Fairs
- Aerospace/Helicopter Education
Tactical Flight Officers
- Sworn law enforcement officers are preferred as additional crew members for observer and patrol assignments. Officers from a variety of jurisdictional authorities can be quickly oriented and trained for maximum utilization in a variety of mission specialties and tactical assignments. Trained observers can be provided by VSI for an additional expense.
- High visibility and versatility, along with customizable options provide for added comfort and effectiveness of airborne officers. A complete turn-key ship can be secured with long-term contracts and commitments. This will provide a complete aerial enforcement and assessment platform including FLIR, searchlight, moving map displays, siren & PA, public safety radios, and enforcement identification.